A year or so ago, Kristy and I went to the theatre and watched a movie called "The Bucket List", which we thoroughly enjoyed and would highly recommend to anyone who wants to watch a good-hearted comedy. (Stars Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman). For some reason, as of late, I have been contemplating different things that I would love to do before I "kick the bucket." Granted, I am still young, but I feel as if it is a list that should be made, added to, and adjusted as soon as possible so that things can be checked off on a regular basis instead of rushing to do it all in one's "golden years". So here are a few things that I have done and want to do on my list. Feel free to share things that you agree with, as well as any others that you have on your list that I should think about doing. I am going to break things down into different categories for my own purposes.
Here we go!
LIFETIME GOALS
Serve a mission (completed)
Get married in the temple (completed)
Have children (completed)
Get a good education (completing)
Own a house
Serve a mission with my wife
TRAVEL
Overnight African Safari
Backpack up and down New Zealand
Drive the Loop around Australia
Speed down the Autobahn
Scuba dive in the Great Barrier Reef (or somewhere like it)
Swim with dolphins
Shop in a busy market in the Middle East (like you see in movies)
Go up the Eiffel Tower
Visit all 50 of the United States (half done)
Visit all of the Provinces in Canada (mostly done, except Maritimes and Territories)
Visit all of the unique temples
Go through the Panama Canal
Boat down the Amazon River
See the Great Pyramids and Sphynx
Float down the "streets" of Venice
Travel through the Grand Canyon
Revisit Quebec
Take a train across Canada (completed)
CHARITY
Pay for someone (other than my own child) to serve a mission
Set up a scholarship
CONSTRUCT
Build a tree house
Build a deck
Build a shed
DO
Attend a session of General Conference in the Conference Centre
Sing in front of a large group of people (completed)
Run in a race (5K, 10K, or marathon)
Coach a sports team (completed)
Learn to snowboard
Buy a truck
Go down rapids (min. Class 3 or 4) (been down smaller ones, but nothing big)
Learn to fly a plane
Learn to ride a motorcycle
Go on a fishing trip
These are a few of the things that I want to do before I pass on. I will add things to it and cross things off. I will also share the experiences with you as I do them. Share with me your lists!
Of crumbs and frump
9 years ago
Hey, how about have children (completed) get changed to completing, in progress, not quite??? any of those? YOUR DEAR MOTHER-IN-LAW
ReplyDeletemotorcycle license is a no go, sorry :p and yes the have children will have to change, to completing.
ReplyDeleteWhat?!?! No sky-diving?
ReplyDeleteMIL is right, K did say you were planning on 4 children.
ReplyDeleteI have to agree with K too, motorcycles aren't for Dads that have kids to raise. Sorry.
I'm glad you've posted again. Don't feel guilty about taking your time.
Why do I not see "Checking to see that all our family genealogy is up to date"..... and yah, think I also agree on the murderbike comment, add "Joint bank account" and "Make out my will"...oh, and...
ReplyDelete"Visit Granny at least once a year before she kicks the bucket, and quit eating all her Smarties"
Your not allowed to kickthebucket and they are skittles, not smarties. He would have competion eating them if they were smarties. Chocolate is chocolate
ReplyDelete